ACM SIGMOD Student Member Scholarships for ACM Turing Celebration
Application deadline: April 7, 2012
As you may already know, 2012 is the 100th Anniversary of Alan Turing. ACM honors the occasion with the "A.M. Turing Centenary Celebration" on June 15-16, in San Francisco.
SIGMOD is one of the ACM SIGs that are sponsoring the event and, therefore, has the right to participate in its student scholarship program. The details are outlined below.
SIGMOD and the ACM Turing Centenary Student Scholarship Program
- Up to 7 student scholarships (funded by grants from Google, Microsoft, and Intel)
- Each scholarship includes the following:
- Nights of June 14 & 15 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco
- $500 to help offset the cost of travel/subsistence (Students will receive a $500 check from ACM at the conference)
Eligibility and Necessary Material
- Be full-time students (undergraduate or graduate).
- Be SIGMOD members.
- Explain in one short paragraph what their research is and why it would benefit from their attending the ACM Turing Centenary Celebration.
- Ask their advisor to send independently a short letter verifying their full-time student status and supporting their application.
What's Needed When
- Applications should be submitted electronically at http://bit.ly/sigmod4turing.
- All materials for each application need to be received by *April 7, 2012*, 11:59pm PDT.
- Advisors' support/recommendation letters should be sent by email to with the key phrase "Recommendation for SIGMOD @ Turing Celebration" in the subject line.
If you have any questions, please feel free to send email to <sigmod.grants AT gmail DOT com> with the key phrase "Recommendation for SIGMOD @ Turing Celebration" in the subject line.