11. ICLP 1994, Workshop W11:
Logic Programming and Education
- Rosa Maria Bottino, IMA-CNR Genova, Italy
- Paola Forcheri, IMA-CNR Genova, Italy
- Maria Teresa Molfino, IMA-CNR Genova, Italy
Rosa Maria Bottino
IMA, Via De Marini 6,
16149 Genova, Italy.
The workshop will focus onto two different aspects of the research
concerned with the use of logic programming, in particular of Prolog, in
education. From one hand we consider issues and problems related to the
teaching (and learning) of Prolog: problems in understanding Prolog,
misconceptions of novices, ways of representing the behaviour of Prolog,
problems of supporting program construction and debugging, etc. On the
other hand we consider the opportunities offered by Prolog as a tool for
the implementation of classroom products, such as modelling tools,
tutoring systems, problem solvers etc.
- P. Brna: Logic Programming in Education: A Perspective on
the State of Art.
Teaching Logic Programming I
- C. N. Taylor, J. B. H. du Boulay, M.J. Patel:
Textual Tree Trace Notation for Prolog: an Overview.
- T. Del Soldato: "I Want to Correct the Program" Teaching Prolog-debugging.
- B. Lees: Prolog Support Tools for Learning AI Concepts.
- Z. Scherz, B. Haberman, N. Ragunis: Introduction to Logic Programming
and AI: the Development of a Multilevel Curricula.
- J. Avrahami: Prolog for Non Computer-Scientist.
Prolog Support Tools for Education
- R. Allen, C. Desmoulins, L. Trilling: On Cross-Fertilization
between Logic Programming and Educational Systems.
- A. Carbonaro, G. Casadei, V. Maniezzo, P. Salomoni:
Pitagora 2.0: an Intelligent Tutoring System developed in Prolog.
- N. Neff: Exploring Discrete Structures using a Complete Variant of Prolog.
- D. Persico: Teaching Logic with(out) Prolog.
Teaching Logic Programming II
Copyright © Sat May 16 23:20:25 2009
by Michael Ley (email@example.com)
- J. Idt, M. Levy, L. Trilling: Constraints that Assist in the Teaching
of Logic Programming.
- G. Callegarin: Teaching Prolog Integrated in a Multiparadigm Language.