U.S. Visa Information
The travel.state.gov site has information about obtaining a visa for those traveling to the United States. The site also has links to websites for U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide. The embassy and consulate websites have very helpful information about procedures, timelines, communities served, required documentation, and fees.
International registrants should be particularly aware and careful about visa requirements and should plan travel well in advance.
The Association for Computing Machinery does not issue formal invitation letters for visas. We can however issue a visa support letter. All visa inquiries must be handled by ACM HQ. Please send your request for a letter in support of a visa application to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Current postal mailing address
- The name of the conference you wish to attend
- Registration confirmation number
- If you are the author of any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title and indicate whether you are the 'sole author' or a 'co- author'
Please note visa support letters are issued via email by PDF and the original is mailed to your current postal address.